Cwmtyleri on Sunday 7th January 1968, with miner and his dog returning home. Everything
has gone now - mine, houses and chapel, and all that’s left, apart from some new
housing, is a pair of wheels from one of the colliery headframes set in concrete
and a plaque to the memory of William Williams who was killed along with others on
4th November 1939 - not in a mining accident, but in Newport, as one of the Chartists.